Please read the tax status requirements and application procedures to determine if your group or organization is eligible to apply for a grant from Delaplaine Foundation. The program aspects section denotes areas of special interest to the Foundation.
These are some of the areas of special interest to Delaplaine Foundation. Please note that the Foundation is not limited to these areas and we encourage all eligible groups and organizations with a worthy cause to apply.
- Cultural Arts
- Historical Documentation, Exhibition and Preservation
- Higher Education
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Community Services
- Other areas deemed appropriate by the trustees
Grants will be made only to groups having tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and whose primary beneficiaries are residents of the regions defined within our mission statement — Maryland, nearby states and the District of Columbia.
Highest priority for consideration will be given to those programs most able to demonstrate community support and most likely to attract financial support from other additional sources. Likewise, a high priority will be given to those able to demonstrate the ability to provide programs with long-term benefit and measurable results. Programs affecting the greater Frederick, Maryland, area will be a primary focus of Delaplaine Foundation.
The board of trustees of Delaplaine Foundation Inc. meets semi-annually to review pending requests for funding. The deadline for application for consideration of funding is OCTOBER 1st of each year and grants are awarded in December.
Those who meet all eligibility requirements and who wish to apply for funding should submit the following:
- The completed application form by the preferred method of online application found at the bottom of the web site Home Page. While online grant application is the preferred method, manual submission will also be accepted by mail to Delaplaine Foundation, Inc. at P. O. Box 3829, Frederick, MD 21705
- A copy of the IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- A letter giving a brief description of the organization and its activities
- A statement of need and objectives of the program seeking funding
- The total budget and amount of money being requested along with its intended use
Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of the request. Applicants may be contacted for additional information or an interview may be requested.
To download the Grant Application Form PDF (97KB) right-click (or Macintosh users click and hold) and select "Save Link As" or "Download Link As." NOTE! NEW DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS OCTOBER 1st ANNUALLY.You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader (download free reader) to view the form. Please print out, complete, and return with all other required documents.
Back to Top